If you’re tired of plain, boring nails you need to learn how to paint your nails. I went through months of frustration before I found the right way to do it. Now I do it every month and love it.
What You’ll Need?
A nail polish, a base coat, a clear top coat, and a nail clipper. Cuticle trimmers and/or sticks. And you’ll need to use your filing tool to file your nails properly.
Paint Your Nails:
- Paint your nails with the base coat.
- Use a clear top coat if you don’t have it already. This helps protect your nails from chipping, cracking, or peeling.
- Remove any tape, polish remover, makeup, or nail polish residue from your nails.
- If you want to remove nail polish residue, use acetone to cleanse your nails.
Salvage your old nail polish:
Most nail polish doesn’t last very long, so if you don’t know how long it’s been sitting around in the closet, it might be time to buy another bottle. You can also use other techniques to determine when your nail polish is about to expire such as when you open a bottle the first time and the nail polish looks slimy, and when you open it the second time, there’s no slime and it’s hard to get out of the bottle.
- Old nail polish looks thick and gloopy. Open the bottle and if the nail polish appears slimy it’s old. Another way to know whether or not your nail polish is old is if you can pull the brush out of the bottle and it won’t get stuck in the bottle.
- To really salvage an old nail polish that has become thick, try adding nail polish thinner to the old polish. This works better if you have some extra paint thinner in your supplies.
- Don’t store nail polish in direct sunlight. When you paint your nails, choose a safe, clean, well-lit space.
- Nail polish fumes are no joke. They can cause dizziness, shortness of breath, and headaches. It is always better to keep your room well ventilated and use a desk that has a paper under it.
- You’ll need all of these things to speed up the nail painting process and make sure your nails are nice and clean. Dip a cotton ball in some nail polish remover and then hold it against the nail for 10 seconds.
- You must do the exact opposite when removing a manicure. First, using a cotton ball, carefully remove any leftover polish or adhesive that may be trapped around the edges of the nail. Second, wipe the nail with some nail polish remover, being careful not to get any of the polish removers on the cuticle area of your nail. After this is done, let the nail dry completely for at least 30 minutes before you start putting on the next coat.
- Use this polish top coat to protect your nail polish from chips and nicks. You can use it on your bare nails, or even on your nails that are already painted if you want to keep them looking shiny and new.
- It is important to use a glass nail file and work from the side to the middle, then work the top down to avoid pushing the polish away.
- Go to a straight swiping motion without buffing your nails. You’ll want to get rid of those nail-biting problems by using the buffer to remove your mistakes when you’re working on your nails.
There are many factors to consider when choosing the proper nail shape for your nail design, including your preference, nail type, and the specific nail you’re shaping.
- You should never file your nails with a sawing motion. These motions may weaken and break your nails. If you’d like to file your nails, begin with the outside of the nail and work your way towards the centre.
- Each stroke should go in the same direction – you shouldn’t use a sawing motion when filing your nails, as these might weaken and break the nails. Push your cuticles back.
- Once they’re softened, it’s easier to apply the cuticle cream without the polish smearing, so try giving your nails a soak in warm water for a minute or two first.
- Dip a clean cotton swab in acetone or rubbing alcohol and apply it to your nail; use light pressure to avoid applying too much pressure.
- This helps to mix up the contents of the bottle. Do not shake it. Instead, roll it back and forth to prevent bubbles from forming in the polish and keep your nails smooth.